Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pap's Garage



Last week while I was visiting my grandparents in Warren Ohio I spent my days listening to Pap's stories and I went on the grand tour of his garages. It was fascinating seeing all of his collections and tools. There his first wheelbarrow sat that he used to load up bricks when he built his house over sixty years ago. A line of tractors he drove to haul lumber, he can still remember where every tree came from and what date he cut it down. His first fishing boat and school desk are stacked behind a massive wood cutting machine from 1889 that he still keeps running. He told me his dream when he was young was to one day have all of the tools and wood he could imagine, he chuckled after we passed through a dozen of his garages packed floor to ceiling with lumber he sawed throughout his life. -M



1 comment:

Paige said...

I am totally biased, but I love these photos and your blog Mer... Can i get a copy of the collages - nice work you two!