Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Celebrating life, remembering a friend



In memory and celebration of Kevin Carlburg, a kind spirit and amazing talent. Kevin touched many of our lives and will continue to live in our hearts. When I met Kevin at a Pseudopod show in 2000 he gave me a reason to get behind my camera, learn and experiment. I was the crazy Pseudopod fan who would grab my camera last minute and road trip to any state to catch a show. Kevin’s dedication and courage through his trials was motivating and refreshing. His music and love for life gave me a reason to explore my own passions. After skipping many college classes to travel across the country and hang with the Pseudopod gang I finally buckled down and finished my fine art degree in photography. The first color print I ever made in the dark room was of Kevin backstage leaned up against a red pool table while Ross was playing a solo, B.G. looking through the curtain at all of the dancing sorority girls. This image is very special to me, I discovered my love for photography, over saturated colors, rich black contrasted prints and most of all the drive to continue to be an artist, inspired by my friend Kevin Carlburg.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for putting these images together of Kevin!! It is amazing to see how many lives Kevin touched and inspired through his gift of music. Keep on rocking out to his music and taking pictures,
Kourtney (Kev's little sister)